Skin Toning Tips - Best Skin Tonners
These days skin toning have definitely gone out of fashion. Skin toners helps to improve blood circulation to the skin surface and gives the skin the glow that is associated with its good health. Modern opinion is that faces do not need toning as skin tone comes from within, and cannot be applied from a bottle. But be warned, if you use toner too often you could end up suffering from dry, tight skin.
In addition, watch out for clarifying mists and lotions - they may glory in modern names, but they still often contain harsh skincare agents such as acids, alcohol and witch hazel. however, if you do not feel properly cleansed unless you make toning a regular part of your beauty regime, make sure that you choose a product that is alcohol free. This category of skin-care products include cosmetics like skin fresheners, toners and astringents. They basically contain alcohol and water. Glycerine, witch hazel, menthol, camphor, boric acid, rose water and alum are often added.
Skin toning is absolutely necessary for all types of skin and ought to be made a part of daily skin care. It is refreshing, enhances blood circulation and adds a healthy glow to your skin. Dry skin and wrinkles appear on face as the epidermal cells gradually lose their capacity to produce new cells while the dermis that produces collagen loses its elasticity. Toners are used to clean the oil from the skin. They may cause skin feel tighter because of skin irritation. The skin is freshened by skin toning lotions. They help to increase the blood supply to the skin .
Toning is important for both men and women as it is the protective step after gentle, but thorough cleansing of skin as it keeps pores clean, skin healthy and breathing and thus more receptive to ultimate in nourishing care that comes with moisturizing. For men, the need for narrowing down on top skin toners may be significantly more than women since they have about fifteen percent oilier skin and considerably larger pores than women. Thus, their skin gets dirtier and requires more frequent deep cleansing and timely toning to look fresh and healthy. Skin care experts reveal that the top skin toners and cleansing products should be as chemical-free as possible and persons with dry or sensitive skin must avoid use of deodorant soaps. Soaps that foam and lather easily usually cleanse with harsh ingredients and leave a detergent film behind, which can irritate your skin and clog your pores, making it difficult to achieve healthy toning up afterwards.
The basic difference in the formula is in the amount of alcohol these products contain. As alcohol has avery drying effect, there is little or none of it in the products intended fordry skin while the products for use on oily skin have a high alcohol content. These products are used after cleaning the skin (with soap or any other cleanser), though they can be used as interim cleansers as well, as they can remove grime and oils. They freshen and tone up the skin and prepare it for application of make-up. They also restore the acid, alkali balance of the skin, because they are pH balanced. It contracts muscles, refines (shrinks) pores, absorbs the oil and grease immediately, leaving behind a fresh, radiant skin.
Tips for Skin Toning
- Use astringent lotions with a piece of cotton wool but if your skin is looking worn off and tired, pat it on with a brisk slapping movement.
- Moisten cotton wool with skin toning lotion and pat on the cheeks, chin and neck.
- For dry skin use rose water diluted with mineral water. Apply it gently with cotton wool avoiding the eye and upper cheek area completely.
- A piece of cotton should be used with astringent lotions.
- Oily skinned people should tone with an astringent lotion, applying to the oiliest places, that is sides of the nose, chin and forehead.
- Vitamin E oil and wheat oil are very effective for dry skin.
- For dry skin vitamin E and wheat oil are also effective.
- Rub wit a piece of potato over the face and neck and wash it off after 15 minutes. This is very effective for oily skin and can be used with moisturizer for dry skin.
- An excellent skin toner is the rose. Make rose water by mixing one tablespoon rose oil with two and half litres of purified water. Put it in a bottle and store in a refrigerator.
- Moisten cotton wool with skin toning lotion and put it on cheeks, chin and neck.
- Rose is an excellent skin toner. Make rose water by mixing 1 tablespoon rose oil with 2 ¼ litres of purified water. Bottle it and store in the refrigerator.
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice wit one tablespoon glycerine and three tablespoons of rose water should be used for a dry skin. Rub this juice on the skin.