How to Apply Foundation - Applying Foundation Application Tips
Foundation gives a smooth texture to the skin and gives the effect of an evenly toned complexion. A foundation should look natural and not mask-like.The colour of the foundation should be nearest to the skin colour. Sometimes two tints may be blended to lighten or shade an area. Never select your foundation by applying it on the back of the hand because the skin here is always of a different colour than that of your face. The best way to test it is to apply it on the side of your cheek, just above the jawbone. To apply the foundation, dot it over the face and neck and blend with the help of your fingertips. Make use of a damp sponge for blending and ensure that there are no patches.
Foundation can be applied in different ways to covervarious t flaws. If you have an oval face, you do not need any tricks because it is the perfect shape. If the face is round, the stronger shade of foundation should be spread on the cheeks, towards the outer edge, from under the cheekbones down towards the point of the chin. You may dilute the foundation by adding some astringent, toner or even water; so that it's sheer enough to let your skin show through...it looks more natural if applied like this. Those who have a pear-shaped face, the darker shade should be spread on the jaw-line and the point of the chin.
An oval, rather elongated face requires the forehead to be darkened. Apply a darker shade on the forehead, graduating the shade towards the eyebrows and the point of the chin. This advice is not to be taken as rigid; try and find out what suits you best and make the necessary correction.
Experts often use two or more shades of foundation to highlight the best features of the face and underplay the low points. To master those skills, need a lot of practice and study.
Always remember that light shades attract attention while dark shades deflect them.
Use a foundation to do the trick. Apply a darker shade of the foundation on your jawbone keeping it just short of the edge. Usea lighter colour on the rest of the face and blend the two tones carefully so that there are no harsh delineation.
Foundation should be applied to the skin first, before any other make up product, since other products may not blend as well to the naked skin and may even make blemishes and flaws look more pronounce.
This will give a softer look to the jawline.
Long nose: It appears short by applying dark make up on the tip.
Prominent chin: This can be corrected by applying foundation on tip of the chin.
Double chin: This can be corrected by applying dark foundation on the double chin.
Short nose: Apply a pale make up along the top of the nose along its whole length.
Narrow nose: Apply dark foundation on both sides.
Crooked nose: Cover the crooked side with a dark foundation and opposite side with light foundation.
Tips on Applying Foundation
There are many such tricks that can be used for deception. You can cover up almost all defects if you use the foundation in the right manner. Here are some tips for the right use of foundation.
- To make a nose look longer, darken the sides with a vertical line.
- To shorten a nose, use a darker touch on the tips. While applying liquid foundation, it is better to put small points of foundation at different parts of your face such as forehead, nose tip, chin and cheek bones and then blend a little at a time on the face to give a more finished look.
- To hide a double chin, darker foundatior should be used on the neck, starting from the lobes of the ears and along the jaw-line.
- To conceal bags under the eyes, a light shade should be used on the lower eyelid, or a dab of oil can also be used.
- To minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, avoid heavy foundation and opt for a lightweight foundation or one of the powders with micronized talc.
- To give ruddy skin a smooth and flawless appearance, use a green foundation under your regular foundation.
- Start by dotting on the forehead and blend well with a damp sponge on fingers before moving on.
- To widen the distance between the eyebrows, use a light shade between the eyes. This requires great skill of hand and you must be careful that the darker. shades blend well with the lighter ones without leaving any line of demarcation. Practise on the face before you step out with the makeover.
There are many types of foundations available in the masrket like:
- Liquid Foundations
- Cream Foundations
- Powder Foundations
- Mousse Foundations
- Compact Foundations
- Stick Foundations
How to Apply Foundation
Some Tips and Easy Tricks :
1. Blend the cream foundation smoothly using a cosmetic sponge in long sweeping motions.
2. When choosing a shade, get one as close to your foundation color as you can and use lightly since it tends to accumulate on your skin during touch ups.
3. Don't make up your mind instantly. It takes about a minute for colour to dry and interact with the chemicals in your skin. The red pigments develop first so it will appear the pinkest at the beginning.
4. While applying liquid foundation, it is better to put small points of foundation at different parts of your face such as forehead, nose
5. Don’t forget to cover the small areas like creases of nose, under your eyebrows and along the jaw line.
6. Take out a small blob of foundation on the palm of your hand. As foundation dries up fast, dot foundation section by section on the face.
7. Choose a foundation shade between the lightest and darkest areas to even out the complexion.