Eye Makeup Tips - Best Eye Makeup Application Advice
Eyes are the most prominent feature so the face and beautiful eyes can attract everyones attention. Eye make- p needs a lot of care and expertise. Badly applied eye make-up can ruin the entire look. One ground rule is that you should never over-do any sort of make-up and so with the eyes. For correct application of the eyeliner, dip the brush into the bottle and drain off the excess. Sit down at the dressing table, lean on your right elbow, holding the brush lightly between your fingers.
Have a magnifying mirror in front of you to give you a better view. Half close your; eye and start from the middle of the eye to outer corner of the eye. Then, start from the inner corner of the eye to the middle. Spread it evenly so that there are no rough strokes. If you like, you can thicken the line at the outer edge of the eyes.
For a perfect eyebrow, use a pencil. Your eyebrow should start where the pencil makes an alignment with the outer edge of your lipand the inner corner of your eye. It should end at the alignment formed along the outer edge of your lip and the outer corner of your eye. Always pluck stray hair from underneath the brow, never from the above because doing so will ruin the shape of the brows.
For a round face - long and slightly arched eyebrows;
For a square face - not a straight line but a gently arched curve;
For a rectangular face - the same as the square face, except that it should start as a straight line and the curve should begin at the centre of the eye;
For an oval face - a line following the shape of the upper lid; draw it out a little towards the temple;
For a pear-shaped face - widen the forehead with rather straight eyebrows, not too long;
For triangular face- straight eyebrows, curve the ends slightly downwards.
Here is a step by step guide for coping with the lack of time.
- Put a tonic lotion or cold water on your face, wet a face cloth and pat your face briskly with it. Then dry it without rubbing.
- Then spray your face with rose water and let it dry naturally. . Apply your base cream (slightly warmed in the hollow of your hand)/ or use a moisturising lotion if the skin is sensitive.
- Spread over your face a liquid foundation, which does not contain powder, or if your complexionis good, do not use foundation in the morning, just powder your face.
- Powder the eyelashes and lips
- Apply mascara to the outer edges of your eyelashes and with a very fine line, draw the eye-liner along the roots of the lashes
- Brush your eyebrows with castor-oil .
- Draw the outline of your mouth with a lip brush, press your lips on absorbent paper and fill in with lipstick.
- With a damp face cloth, dab cold water on your powdered face, this will give a natural brightness to your complexion.
- Comb your hair neatly, and you are ready for the show.
DEEP SET EYES:
Use a lighter shade of foundation immediately above the socket area of the upper eyelids and blend well. Do not use eye shadow as the sunken effect will increase instead of decreasing.
They can be given a lift by tilting the eyeliner upwards and outwards before it reaches the outer corner of the upper lid. The shadow should be winged upwards avoiding the area at the outer corner of the eyes.
Make them appear longer by extending eye shadow and liner beyond the outer corner of the eyes. Blend the corner well for a soft look.
Use a dark shadow and blend it carefully over the prominent part of the upper lids carrying it lightly to the line of the brows
They can look larger by using two shades of shadow. Use a light shade on the upper eye lid and a darker shade on the crease. Apply the lower eye liner and kajal from the middle to the outside of the eye
How to Apply Eye Liner
- Mostly black / brown eyeliners are used.
- Beginners should choose a self sharpening pencil because a proper care and practice is required for liquid liner. Self sharpening pencil is preferred because it is softer then regular pencils.
- Choose a shade darker than eye shadow.
How to Apply Eye Mascara
- The mascara you choose must not pour or disintegrate, they must be made of natural wax, without fibbers to lengthen the lashes. So, always prefer branded product.
- The eye mascara you choose is not necessary to be of the same color as that of eye liner, but it must suit your complexion