How to Apply Eyeliner - Applying Eyeliner Application Tips
Eyeliners can be worn with or without eye shadow. But... if you're wearing eyeshadow, you must apply eyeliner. Also, don't want to line the entire lower lash line, unless you have big eyes.
Eye lining is done with a black or brown eye liner on the top lid of each eye and sometimes under the lower lashes. The line should be smooth instead of a harsh line.
How to apply eye liner correctly depends also on your hair color and other factors.
Pencils used for lining eyes should be soft and smudgy, so they do not drag the skin around the eye during application. One can choose eyeliner in shades of gray, black and dark brown for a classic eyeliner look. And softer shades like taupe, soft brown, soft black, tan, chestnut and soft gray along the lower lashes.
The best tool to apply eyeliner is the sponge applicator. Liner applied as a series of dashes or dots or short feather-like strokes on the lash line are much easier to control than a solid line. If your lids are oily, you need to prepare it first just like you did for eyeshadow to avoid eyeliner from moving up to the crease area.
To apply the liner, always start from the middle of the eye to the outer corner and then starting at the inner corner; draw a line to join the line in the middle. Eye liner applied this way will come out neatly and will stay dark and true for longer. Eyeliner in light shade should use at the inner side of the eye for giving width look between eyes. If one has small eyes, open the eyes while using eyeliner with dark shade. One can line in a light shade like silver, white and gold under lower lash. One can control the deep-set eyes by lining the upper lash.
How to Apply Eye Liner
Some Tips and Tricks are as follows :
- Use eyeliner to draw a tappered line starting thick on the inner corner of your eye and narrowing through to the outer corner of the eye.
- Lining the lashes is a great way to add extra flair to your eyes. It's simple to apply and can be done in mere seconds.
- For liquid liner, test on the back of the hand the pressure you can apply. While lining if you stop at the corner of the eyes, the effect will be round and wide-eyed.
- While applying the eyeliner, tilt your head back slightly and keep your eyes half-open to let you see yourself in the mirror as you are applying the liner.
- Applying eyeliner half way along the bottom lash line makes your eyes look rounder and more defined. Don't worry too much about a straight neat line; simply smudge the line with a cotton bud or your finger so it's soft and natural looking.
- The eye liner may be applied up to different lengths. There is no hard and fast rule as to what suits a certain set of eyes.
- Using an eyeliner appropriate for your eye color. Brown, navy and charcoal accent light eyes well, while brown and plum shades flatter brown eyes. Make sure your liner complements the color of your shadow.
- Use an eyeliner that has a mechanical, twist-up-pencil type tip. I find that these are the easiest to apply!