The basic function of a conditioner is to replace the sebum that is lost from your hair. Hair conditioner, works naturally to condition and accent the highlights of the hair and capture the hidden tones. These pump up the volume of the hair for fullness and lively balance. Conditioning hair is the flip side of shampooing- you concentrate your efforts on the ends of the hair where your hair needs the most moisture. A henna conditioner is ideal as it benefits all hair types and adds body and shine to the hair. Henna hair conditioner nourishes and stimulates hair and scalp while enhancing natural highlights with neutral henna that is beneficial for all hair colors. Henna actually has the ability to coat each hair and weekly henna treatments also provide protection and add strength to the hair. It also helps to cleanse the hair and scalp, removing impurities and wastes.
Henna has of course been used for centuries for conditioning the hair, but today it is increasingly being viewed as a natural and safe alternative to chemical conditioners. Just as the skin requires moisturizers to counteract the ill effects of pollution and UV rays, similarly hair requires conditioners. They could be the deep penetrating types, which penetrate the cortex for longer lasting results and should be used only occasionally for extremely damaged hair. They actually open the cuticle to let moisture or protein get into the cortex, which is the middle part of a hair and gives strength to the hair. There are two basic types of deep penetrating treatments moisturising and protein supplementation. Using a shampoo with conditioner is not just enough to condition your hair, you need to use a separate conditioner - if you want best results. Remember that the protective effect of a conditioner lasts only until the next shampoo. Hence, you must apply a conditioner regularly after each shampoo.
Tips for Hair conditioners :
- Hair conditioners can coat the hair with a lubricant or synthetic that replaces the stripped out sebum.
- Avoid using shampoos that will strip your hair and leave it dry.
- For the better effect of conditioners that you have applied, wear a hat in the sun. The sun dries your hair out, as it bleaches it too.
- Before applying conditioners, dry your hair gently, by blotting and squeezing, not rubbing. Never brush wet hair. Instead, use a wide-tooth comb.
Benefits Of Conditioning
- Conditioning your hair adds lusture and shine to your hair.
- It also decreases porousness of your hair.
- Conditioning helps decrease the brittleness of hair.
- It increases the strength of hair a lot.
- Helps remove tangles thereby making hair easy to comb.
- Conditioning your hair regularly helps prevent 'weathering' (split ends) and hair damage by forming a protective film over the hair shaft.