1. Always wear a moisturizer with a sun protection factor (SPF), even on a cloudy day.
2. Apply your sunscreen 15 minutes before hitting the sun to give it time to be absorbed.
3. Reapply your sunscreen regularly, not just after swimming. Remember that even a waterproof lotion can be rubbed off by your towel.
4 . Know your spf. Every body can stayout in the sun for an average of five to ten minutes with out burning the number on the bottle indicates how much you can multiply this by when protected by the sunscreen. Remember that spf are not cumulative-rubbing in a factor 10 on top of a factor 20 does not give you spf 30.
5 . Wear a higher spf on your face than on your body, as this is the area you will most want to protect from ageing.
6. Have moles checked regularly, particularly any that appear after exposure to the sun.
7. Always wear sunglasses with uv-filtered lenses to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun.
Filed under: Skin Care